Industrial Work Wear: A Guide for Selecting the Right Coveralls
October 29, 2018
For every organization to excel and increase the output, productivity per employee and reduction of additional costs is imperative. Every organization wants to avoid any loss due to an accident to its machinery or its human resource. A well-protected work environment has countless benefits.
- It gives the workers a feeling of being cared, makes them confident about their safety and improves their productivity.
- It avoids the cost that the might go into mitigating the after-effects of the disaster.
- It helps maintain the company's brand name and assures that the company continues its reputation of being a safe place to work at.
As a measure of protection, the organizations have started making special work-wears for employees. These industry overalls are a safety measure that gives the workers immense security and power to combat an unexpected situation.
An industry can be exposed to any disaster, be it fire, shock, electric shock circuit, sudden temperature increase or prolonged exposure to harmful chemicals. To all the potential hazards, industry overalls are a perfect measure. The coveralls are made from exclusive fabrics that are immune to such exposure.
Best Marine provides a plethora of industrial overalls which can be customized as per industry requirements depending on the threat it is most exposed to. For different utilities of overalls, there are different fabrics which are used to manufacture them.
Different protective fabrics can be used for different protections. Some of the most common types of protective clothing fabrics are:
- Chemical resistant fabric: These fabrics are used to make chemical resistant coveralls. Acid repellent fabrics are natural fabrics that are exposed to treatment that makes them unreactive to acids that have a potential to destroy the fabric and also cause harm to the skin and even cause allergies or burns.
- Fire retardant fabric: Fire retardant fabrics are the fabrics which have the quality to withstand high temperatures. These fabrics protect the workers from fire and can be worn during the process of fire extinguishing. The fibers are treated to extinguish a fire on their own and are ideal to make flame retardant workwear.
- Anti-microbial fibers: Antibacterial fibers do not let the microorganisms grow on them giving them a core property of sanitization. Fibers like cotton, nylon, polyester or any other fiber can be treated to make them anti-bacterial. This increases the life of the coveralls and makes them sanitized.
- Anti-static fabrics: Antistatic fabrics are the ones who can withstand any current and act as an insulator to current preventing conduction on electricity making the clothes made out of the current and shockproof.
- Thermally insulated fabrics: These fabrics used to make thermal coveralls do not break or burn even in high temperatures. These coveralls are great for workers who are exposed to high temperatures in the workplace.
- Anti-pilling fabrics: Pilling is a widespread problem in all fabrics. It elongates the life of coveralls and makes them stronger, as a result, anti-piling coveralls are very popular.
Apart from these fabrics, other fabrics are used in making anti-pilling coveralls, fire resistant coveralls and other safety coveralls which can be customized according to the industry. Coveralls are no more a uniform or a piece of clothing given to every worker. Coveralls are very thoughtfully designed. They are designed concerning the exposure that the worker is exposed to the workplace.
Some of the distinctive features of the designer coveralls:
- The coveralls are personal protective clothing for the workers: The fabrics that are used in making the coveralls are treated concerning the threat that the worker is exposed to the most.
- Industry coveralls are complete workwear: The coveralls are not only a piece of clothing given to a worker while designing them, but special attention is also paid to the tiniest details like making the perfect pocket. The designer has the complete ides of the kind of work that will be imposed on a worker. Hence depending on the type of work that the worker will be doing, the pockets are sewed to the coveralls.
- Worker's comfort comes first: The coveralls are the clothes that the worker is going to be wearing throughout his working hours; thus the fabric used cannot be too thick or too stiff neither too heavy nor too hard. Even while treating the fabric special attention is paid to make sure that the fabric is manageable, easy to fold and wash.
Company's like Best Marine, Honeywell, 3M, Ansell who are renowned manufacturers of personal protective workwear have a team of designers who closely work to understand the worker's needs and responsibilities and constantly work in making the best and the most comfortable coveralls. Go check out their collection at www.bestmarine.com